Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gabriola Library…

On a recent trip down the board walk I made a detour into our library, of course this 5 minute escape out of the office lasted a little longer as I meandered through looking at the books available!

With “Valentines” being around the corner I settled on a small selection of books featuring the upcoming celebration. Love Ruby Valentine was among the girls & my favorites, it’s inspiring us to start making our Valentines cards already!

Over the years, I’ve enjoyed the friendly reception at Gabriola’s library, with lots of chit-chat especially over the books I’ve ordered – especially of the knitting variety. The librarians are great, holding me accountable for actually doing some of the projects in the books I’ve ordered by making me come and show the final results…

The Gabriola branch of the Vancouver Island Library has many events offered throughout the year, from kids story time to literacy contests! Next time your in the Village take a look in the window of the library to find out a bit more about some of the upcoming events...

No comments:

Post a Comment