Monday, January 12, 2009

Gabriola Island Studio Tour

The Gabriola Island Studio Tour is a yearly event held over three days on the Thanksgiving Weekend. In 2008 the tour had 60 artists working with various mediums open their homes & studios from 10-4 for the three consecutive days. You'll find a chest full of treasure and talent inside the doors of these homes with a wide range of media including : chalk, fibre arts, metalwork, mixed media, painting, photography, pottery, and glasswork. For a glimpse of the temptations you may see on the tour visit http://www.gabriolaartscouncil.org/.


If you've recently moved to the Island or would like the chance to put your home on the tour, you have just a few days left to pick up your form from Artworks and hand it in as the deadline for the 2009 tour is on January 21st. It's been 5 years since I've had my home on the tour and I really enjoyed the experience, at that time I had about 500 people come through during the three day event and enjoyed meeting the guests (& having a few sales too!). I am just in the process of filling out my studio tour application and would love to invite you to come to my home during the 2009 tour. Hope to see you on Thanksgiving!

Submitted by: Tina LYNCH

No comments:

Post a Comment