Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Artworks “Keyed Up”

It seems like only days ago (although I know weeks have passed) since Tina & Randi walked into the office and put a key on my desk. I knew exactly what was up, they had gone for coffee at Artworks, and Kathy had given us a key for the group “object” show.

I pondered, for far to long, what I was going to do with my key, when the idea struck me! My nephew is infatuated with pirates; I have a new fascination with sock monkeys so I was going to incorporate the two into a “monkey” project.

Thursday, June 26th marks the opening of this show, it will be a great evening with 29 artists work (and one wanna be artist) on display. If you haven’t been an opening show for Artworks on Gabriola, this definitely one of the social outings on the island not to be missed. Mark your calendar for Thursday evening 7:00 – 9:00 & we’ll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment