Monday, May 5, 2008

It’s Fishing Season…

Well, for a fairweather fisher like me, with the warmer weather, I’m all geared up & ready to get out onto the water!

We are forunate to live in an area of relatively good fishing year round. Just off the shores of Gabriola there are several fishing “hot spots” including; Thrasher Rock, Entrance Island, the Grande. Add to that some exceptional prawning, if your willing to pull the traps from the depths of the bottom (over 300 feet).

While some rely heavily on the fish finders, and others look for the cluster of boats indicating a good spot, we have the knowledge & expertise of our brother-in-law a long time fisherman, who had a local guide company on the island in the years past. I’m not sure how he’s going to feel about my new “hot pink” lures, but I’m sure the fish are going to bite, and if not at least my neice will think I’m cool.


I hope to be posting pictures in the upcoming weeks about the big catch!

No comments:

Post a Comment