Saturday, May 25, 2013

Gabriola Elementary School @ Track & Field

I took the morning off work on Wednesday to join the kids from the Gabriola Elementary School that qualified for the Zone Track & Field meet in Nanaimo, there were 57 from our school.  It was intense, fun and great to see kids in action.  I do have to say my favourite part was seeing how much these kids care for each other, there were a few kids that had minor injuries, when they did they were surrounded with kids from all grades ensuring that they were getting treatment and offering supportive encouragement, it made me so proud to be with them.  I think the community on Gabriola is doing a pretty good job raising these kids!
(the photo is of my daughter Bianca, she finished 3rd in the 1500 and is headed to the Districts)

No comments:

Post a Comment