Thursday, April 11, 2013

Art Supplies - just a great little shop nearby!



I've recently signed myself up for an online art course, with a catchy title like the "Mermaid Circus", I couldn't miss out.  Teesha Moore is one of the fabulous and talented teachers, she was also the organizer of ARTFEST, the best little art retreat in Port Townsend.  Over the weekend I had to order my supplies online as I just could find them locally, something I do with a cringe as I much prefer to support local business.  This week I heard about the House of INDIGO in downtown Nanaimo (near the Royal Bank), it not only has some great gently used clothing, the temptation starts outside of the door, but it has a great selection of quality art supplies.   Yesterday I found the time to make a 5 min trip into the store.  The store is well stocked with Golden products (including fluid & open paints,medium & texture products), journals and water-colour paper as well as pens, watercolours, beads, feathers & endless supplies.  The prices for the Golden products are better than I've found elsewhere on Vancouver Island, it's locally owned and close to the Gabriola ferry, how lucky !  If your looking for some supplies that she doesn't have, just let her know as she's willing to bring in more products.


No comments:

Post a Comment