Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gabriola helps Haiti (Island to Island)


I think we all felt a huge sense of compassion and sympathy for all of those in Haiti when we heard the news about the Earth Quake. Within days of hearing about the event, the Gabriola community had already organized a fundraiser, including a fantastic array of musicians, snacks and a silent auction. The “Help Haiti” fundraiser will take place at the Gabriola Community Hall tomorrow night starting at 7:30pm, I think I’m going to stretch my kids bed time so that they can see the value of a community pulling together to help those in desperate need.
I’ve included the paintings that my 6yr old daughter and I donated for the silent auction, let’s hope there’s a good turn out for another Island that needs our help. (submitted by: Tina Lynch)
Tickets are $20 at Artworks.
UPDATE: We attended the fundrasier and when we arrived it was standing room only, over $14,000 was raised (which will be matched by the gov't). I'm so impressed that Gabriola could achieve this so quickly !








No comments:

Post a Comment