Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Gabriola 6 yr old hits the pool!

Last year we took our kids to swim lessons at the Beban Pool in Nanaimo, which just happened to be at the same time that the Nanaimo Diamonds Synchronized Swimming Club trains. This year, my daughter talked us into signing her up for the team. The clubs first fundraiser was a swim-a-thon, after only once class I have to admit that I was a bit apprehensive about the situation. Bianca, my six year old daughter, led her little brother and dad around the neighborhood and collected pledges, our community is very giving and I’m not surprised that she raised $145 in an afternoon, but I am very thankful. The swim-a-thon went great, she swam with the use of a kickboard for 50 solid minutes and managed to get in 16 laps. Her little brother was kept busy too, he had made up a sign and ran up and down beside the pool cheering her on. Submitted by: Tina LYNCH

No comments:

Post a Comment